While manufacturing has been reducing waste over the past twenty years with Six Sigma process improvement, process can only go so far to manage great variability. Big Data is the next step in reducing process flaws, increasing yield, and improving practices.
Some have called Big Data the “fourth industrial revolution.” IoT (Internet of Things) sensor technology, advancements in machine learning, and the refinement of analytics have all opened a new world of progress for the manufacturing industry. Perscio wants to be your partner in developing and implementing Big Data and predictive analytics strategies for manufacturing.
We actively explore Big Data challenges and solutions for:
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Maintenance
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Supply Planning
- Output Forecasting
- Product Quality/Defect Tracking
- Mass Customization
- Energy Efficiency
Big Data can be used to solve many challenges in manufacturing:
- Reduce or eliminate losses by identifying the true cause of equipment or plant shutdowns, ineffective product runs, and low performance.
- Grow profitability by implementing decision-making support in near real-time.
- Enabling individuals with actionable data and access to information anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Increase performance with unified metrics and KPIs to monitor operational and business performance.
- Speed time to market while maintaining consistency and quality.
- Enable global teams with access so they can share, and reuse historical information.